How Habuild Helped Me Fall in Love with Yoga - For Real This Time
I have been trying yoga on and off since 2005. Over the years, I’ve attended several yoga classes – both offline and online. Some were good, some were forgettable, and a few were frankly demotivating. Yet, despite knowing how good yoga made me feel after a session, consistency always remained my biggest struggle.
Until Habuild happened.
And I can confidently say this: Habuild is the best yoga program I have experienced so far. Here’s why.
- The Offline Yoga Dilemma
When I attended in-person yoga classes, I actually enjoyed the social aspect. But everything around the class drained my motivation.
Getting ready, changing into yoga clothes, traveling to the gym, doing yoga, showering, and coming back home – for 45 minutes of yoga, I lost nearly two extra hours.And then there was the constant self-consciousness.
Looking silly in certain poses. Feeling uncomfortable in tight yoga clothes. Being an overweight person didn’t help – I was always acutely aware of how I looked rather than how I felt.Yes, yoga felt amazing once I finished.
But my mind became incredibly creative at finding excuses to skip the next session. - Online Yoga: Comfort, But Not Freedom
The pandemic moved everything online, and that solved one problem – I could finally do yoga from home. No commuting, no wasted time.
But new discomforts crept in.
Turning on the camera.
Looking a certain way.
Wearing “proper” yoga clothes.
Logging in at a fixed time.Even in my own home, I didn’t feel completely free.
- The Problem with Some Yoga Instructors
Another big turn-off over the years was instructors who seemed more interested in showing off their own flexibility than helping students grow.
No matter how much you tried, there was always something wrong. Always more to achieve. Always a subtle reminder that you weren’t enough yet. Instead of finding peace and joy, I often felt discouraged.
Yoga, for me, became another performance.
- Enter Habuild (Thanks to My Sister-in-Law)
When my sister-in-law suggested Habuild, I was skeptical.
Another yoga program? Really?But she said two things that immediately caught my attention:
- “You don’t have to turn on your camera.”
- “You can do yoga at your own convenient time.”
Music. To. My. Ears.
I signed up for the 14-day free trial – reluctantly but curiously. What followed genuinely surprised me. Not only did I enjoy it, I felt motivated to continue.
- What Makes Habuild Truly Special
Habuild is founded by Sourabh Bothra, and it shows – clearly and beautifully – in the way the program is designed.
a. Radical Simplicity and Kind Ground Rules
Sourabh makes one thing abundantly clear:
Even 5 minutes of yoga is beneficial.The only real rule?
Show up every day.That’s it.
No guilt. No pressure. No perfection.
Compared to all the rigid programs I had experienced before, this felt like a breath of fresh air. The idea that 5 minutes is enough was the clincher for me. He also encourages positive reaffirmation – talking about yoga with others – and pairing up with someone for accountability.Consistency over intensity. Always.
b. A Deep Understanding of the Human Mind
Sourabh understands cognitive science exceptionally well. He knows our biggest modern problem: short attention spans.
No long lectures.
No overwhelming list of aasanas.
No dependency on constant instruction.He introduces variety cleverly while keeping the structure familiar. As an engineer and a teacher myself, I deeply appreciate this design. He talks about habits, gadgets, distractions, and behavior change – exactly what this “2-minute noodle generation” needs.
Yes, there are hundreds of books on habit building.
But who has the time – or patience – to read them all?Sourabh knows exactly what to say and how much to say.
c. Yoga for Every Body
This part truly moved me.
Sourabh and Pramod conduct sessions together – Pramod demonstrates the ideal posture, while Sourabh demonstrates modified versions for people with knee pain, back pain, or other limitations.
He openly says:
- You can do yoga on a chair.
- On your bed.
- On your sofa.
- You don’t even have to sit on the floor.
I have never heard a yoga instructor say this before.
He gives immense importance to elderly participants and actively encourages people with lifestyle disorders – diabetes, hypertension, thyroid issues, PCOS/PCOD—to make yoga a priority.
And he repeats this endlessly (thankfully):
“Do as much as you can. Just try to do 1% more than you think you are capable of.”
d. Pranayama That Actually Works
Every session includes pranayama. For those of us who think meditation means accidentally falling asleep, this is transformative.
There’s also a simple handout for quick reference – so you don’t have to struggle to remember everything.
Simple. Practical. Effective.
e. Brilliant Business and Engineering Design
From a systems and customer experience perspective, Habuild is impressive.
- ₹3999 per year for yoga – something I haven’t seen anywhere else.
- Multiple cost-effective plans.
- Seamless use of WhatsApp with AI-powered responses that actually work.
- If the bot can’t answer, a human steps in.
No annoying automation. No dead ends.
They share short, practical health videos – nothing extreme, nothing demotivating. And the flexibility is unmatched:
- 6 live sessions per day
- Join any session
- Or watch recordings later
- No camera required – ever
You remain unseen, unjudged, and completely comfortable.
f. The Habuild App: Thoughtful and Fun
The app adds another layer of brilliance:
- Gentle water reminders
- Brain games (a joy for puzzle lovers like me – though I’d love to see Sudoku added!)
- Automatic attendance tracking
- Rewards and milestones that actually motivate
Final Thoughts
I am genuinely in awe of this program.
If you:
- Lack motivation to go to the gym
- Feel awkward turning on your camera
- Want flexibility to practice anytime, anywhere
- Want to remember what you practice
- Believe in small, incremental habit changes
- Want to ask questions without guilt
Habuild is for you.
True to its name, Habuild is all about habit building. Yoga slowly becomes as essential as brushing your teeth. You simply run out of excuses.
And somehow – beautifully, quietly – the magic happens.
Because of Habuild.

Comments
Post a Comment